MRCGP: Simulated Consultation Assessment (SCA)
The RCGP has received approval from the GMC to replace the Recorded Consultation Assessment (RCA) with the Simulated Consultation Assessment (SCA).
The SCA at a glance:
- An assessment of twelve simulated consultations, each lasting twelve minutes
- Conducted remotely in a local GP surgery
- Sat only during ST3 training year
- Delivered across 9 months of the year - see full info on exam dates and booking windows
- The exam fee will be £1,180- see the full exam fee breakdown and explanation
We held trainer and trainee webinars to help you prepare for the new exam.
Find out more
Keep up-to-date on the latest information on the SCA by signing up to our SCA news email updates, so that you are the first to hear about any new developments.
If you haven't found the SCA information you're looking for in these webpages, please contact the examinations team at email@example.com.