Equality and diversity: Age
Your life experience and perspectives enrich the College and we want you to share them across our communities. Our inclusive approach aims to foster and maintain a talented group of individuals, of all ages.
We have active communities of Medical Students and Foundation Doctors, through to Later Career and Retired Members; a thriving mentorship scheme; and a variety of events that rely on the breadth of experience across our whole membership.
Shamarah Mathurin-Charles' story
"Working class, second generation Black British Caribbean, female, and state-school educated: I wasn’t supposed to be a doctor. But here I am!"
Amar Rughani's story
"Retirement from one phase of life is simply the gift of entry to the next, where the insight that we gained through helping patients experience better health can now help us all to live better lives."
Share your story
We're eager to hear your experiences and perspectives. Please use this form to tell us your story.
Resources and support
Catch up on the conversation
Develop your knowledge
Resources on RCGP eLearning:
- EKU2019.3: Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment in Primary Care Settings
- EKU2018.1: Management of depression in older adults
- EKU13: Assessment and Prevention of Falls in Older People
- Loneliness, isolation and multimorbidity – the impact of COVID-19
- Shielding vulnerable patients from COVID-19