Trainee portfolio updates
The portfolio is updated frequently. Please see below for details of recent changes and improvements.
- Added ‘Dictation’ information overlay to Clinical Case Review area to guide trainees on how they might use their inbuilt device dictation software to help add reflections
- Added ‘Acronyms’ information overlay to the Training Map area to allow trainees to download to a PDF of all acronyms used in GP training
- Added an ‘Introduction' video for new portfolio users - Accessible from main portfolio page on the right next to Settings
- In FISHBASE, added the ability for users to see if a FourteenFish user has visited the 'Introduction' video page.
- Added CEPS assessment back into the assessment area
- Added CEPS reflection back into the reflection area.
- Logged in Supervisors are invited to complete a CEPS immediately after completing a COT or a mini-CEX
- Added total TOOT to Fishbase when user clicks on any TOOT box
- Total TOOT visible for individual posts and Stages of Training including dates
- Training Time calculator added to Fishbase for RCGP team (Scheme Days) (if well received will be rolled out nationally)
- Entries search updated to include ‘Export’ so Fishbase users can search for specific assessments within specific date ranges and then find all entries that meet these criteria.
Evaluative Surveys - Thank you
A huge ‘thank you’ to everyone who completed and encouraged others to complete the recent WPBA evaluative surveys. We had hundreds of responses from trainees and trainers and we’re currently reviewing the results to see how we can improve the resources and support we offer.
New Educational Assessment Progress page
We’ve added a page to the Trainee Portfolio that asks a series of questions aimed at helping ensure that everything that needs to be ready for an upcoming Annual Review of Competency Progression (ARCP) Panel is on the portfolio – e.g. “I have reviewed my last ARCP and completed any actions required”. This will form part of the Educational Supervisor’s Review preparation and the Educational Supervisor will be able to see the responses. Each question has a yes/no answer - if the answer is “no”, trainees are given the opportunity to elaborate.
- Requirements can now be filtered by Stage of Training as well as Review Period, this is in FourteenFish and Fishbase
- Trainee needs to now self declare various WPBA requirements and comment where they have not been achieved. More information can be found on FourteenFish website.
- Added RCGP Requirements PDF to the Training Map and Requirements area
- Added ST1/2 Roadmaps to the Training Map area
- Added a new area to the Compliance Passport ’Now Mandatory’ which includes annual BLS update, annual safeguarding reflection
- Trainee now required to confirm their Time of Training at the time of the ESR
- Expected CCT date is now displayed in the portfolio (in the training overview area)
- ESR sign off now automatically changes the review period end date to the sign off date
- Updated wording on the “review in the past” warning
- Roadmaps link on the training map has been updated
- FishBase - added integration for “supported return to training” stage
- Added new TOOT and ESR declarations
- Completed surveys are now automatically linked to the current review period
- Updated Form R guidance
- Added TOOT guidance for trainees in each devolved country
- FishBase- added a new training stage – special leave/awaiting placement
- Updated CbD/CAT wording (trainee preparation)
- Updated Form R guidance to prevent trainees from uploading the documents in the wrong area
- Implemented an additional fix to prevent users from deleting completed ARCPs
- Implemented an additional fix to prevent users from sending the CCT application when they don’t meet the correct criteria
- New ESR templates and outcomes (standard and final ESR templates)
- Added word pictures for ESR outcomes in all ESR templates (including adapting the interim ESR).
- Added advice when ES selects the incorrect rating for the final review
- Streamlined the mandatory requirements question in the ESR (now included in the “educational assessment progress”).
- Adapted all ESR related areas (including the training map and reporting).
- Fixed an issue with the combined training unlocking
- Fixed some link issues with the historical ESR report
- New ESR templates have been introduced - learn more about the new outcomes at the RCGP website
- The system will automatically suggest a potential final review from the second ST3 review
- Some ESR questions have changed. CEPS questions have been removed, and the ES will be comment on progress in the “assessment progress” section
- “Assessment progress” now displays the mandatory evidence and mandatory CEPS
- FishBase - reporting has been updated to use the new ESR outcomes
- Fixed an issue where the ARCP could be submitted with the dates in
- New guidance for trainees - ST3 roadmaps added to the training map
- Assessors can now decline assessment invite if sent accidentally or no longer needed
- Added information about legacy CEPS
- Changed filtering logic based on the training start date - the system will now show training information from 6 months before the training start date. We’ve added additional notice in the portfolio to explain how the filtering works
- FishBase - “expected CCT date” added to the historical ARCP report. We’ve also added new filtering options (CCT and OC4/6)
- FishBase - “grade assessed” is now displayed in the GPSA view
- FishBase - “deanery” field has been added to the custom trainee report
- FishBase - updated logic for the transition date. The transition date will be now set when trainee leaves training and the portfolio will be removed from the deanery and training programme a year later from that date
- “Grade being assessed” on the ARCP is now integrated with Salesforce
- Updated the ARCP notice displayed when no panel members have been added yet
- WPBA guidance updated with the August 2022 deadline
- You can now add optional "phonetic name" and "preferred pronouns" to your profile (please go to "my account" to add this information).
- CEPS area added to the portfolio to track progress for mandatory skills. Please note the area won't show CEPS completed in the old portfolio.
- Added entry filtering based on the "start of training date" - if the start of training date is set in FishBase, the system will only show training information from that date. Any entries before this date will be private to the trainee.
- FishBase - New fields added to the historical ARCP report
- Fixed an issue where the ARCP could be submitted with the dates in the wrong order
- ARCP: added “grade being assessed” and “grade at next rotation” fields
- FishBase - added a new screen to amend the CCT date from the trainee page.
- Post information can be now entered within the CSR.
- Person merges can be now requested by administrators and will be sent to RCGP for approval.
- Trainees can no longer be removed from a panel meeting once the ARCP has been completed - please request a rollback if changes are required.
- Supervisor - improved behaviour when using "dismiss request for review".
- Portfolio app is now available for trainees.
- FishBase - expanded reporting functionality and additional filters within people search. The reports page now includes three sections - panel reports, trainee reports and ESR reports. We have added new reporting for historical ARCPs and ESRs, and reports can be now exported as CSV files. You can also search for ARCP certificates that have not yet been signed by the Chair, ESRs with Panel Opinion Requested and other helpful searches. Our aim in the ARCP report is to provide all information required to be entered in TIS. The new search filters include training extension filter and various exams filters.
- FishBase - new trainee wizard to quickly add training stages to newly registered trainees
- Added information about the mandatory reflection for safeguarding.
- The system no longer sets an expiry date for Form R in the "compliance passport".
- Improved capture of assessor details when using the assessment invite.
- QIP filter added to entry search.
- We've updated the registration page to redirect trainee registrations to the RCGP website
- FishBase now shows all MSF and PSQ surveys in the trainee record. The results are still visible only when released by the supervisor.
- ARCP - a new free-text breakdown field has been added to the "days out of training" section
- We've updated the registration page to redirect trainee registrations to the RCGP website
- The list of colleagues invited to complete the MSF will be now visible to the supervisor
- FishBase - Leadership / Management specialty has been added
- FishBase - expected CCT date added to the training map
- Trainee record will be now visible to the deanery 12 months after finishing the training (ARCP outcome 4 and 6)
- Training programme information has been added to the trainee list within the panel meeting
- Trainee will be no longer linked to the supervisor once they apply for CCT
- Improved the way the system handles unfinished assessment requests by moving the assessment to the most recent open review period in most cases.
- Educator notes are no longer locked when ESR is signed off
- Fixed an issue which prevented admin users from deleting their own educator notes in some scenarios
- FishBase - "notes for panel" added to trainee record. This new area can be used to inform panel about specific things like information about training programme shortening application.
- Interim ESR - improvements to the interim ESR setup page, we've also added an automatic check for the date of the next ARCP
- Post information is now correctly synced to RCGP record when training stage is updated
- Portfolio overview - "unsuccessful" wording added to Exams
- ARCP - some N codes moved into the non-standard outcome category
- PSQ/MSF - added reminder to anonymise comments made in the survey
- FishBase - user ID is now displayed when viewing organisation roles
- FishBase - solved an issue with adding a new stage of training on the "new review period" screen
- FishBase - solved a problem where deanery/training programme info was deleted when editing users in some scenarios
- Deanery/training programme administrators can now add contact details for their organisations. Contact details will be displayed to trainees and supervisors within the portfolio.
- We've made improvements to review periods. If the review period has been signed off, but the end date is in the future, the system will now prompt the user to match this with the date of the ESR. We've also made it easier to set up the next review period and added some restrictions to prevent users from creating duplicate open review periods.
- Interim ESR - supervisors can change the review type to interim ESR. The Interim ESR is based on the full annual ESR but reduces the burden of assessment for the Educational Supervisor.
- New AKT exam layout has been implemented
- Learning log - capability/clinical experience group picker have been removed from placement planning meeting
- Added flexibility to skip assessment restrictions (i.e. if trainee is not linked to correct practice or hospital)
- New prescribing survey has been added to the prescribing log entry and assessment
- Improvements made to "all entries" filters
- CEPS - observed procedure is now displayed as assessment title
- Audio-COT - assessment of performance added
- CAT - setting question updated
- ESR - new questions added (appropriate mandatory training for the current role, required assessments for the current review period)
- ESR - competent and excellent ratings have been disabled in ST1/2 reviews
- ESR - trainee and supervisor signature and dates are now displayed in review summary
- FishBase - additional reasons have been added to outcome 10.1 and 10.2
- Fixed an issue where some trainees were prompted to complete the PSQ survey before reaching the required minimum of 34 responses.
- Fixed an issue where the requirements page was not correctly counting the MiniCEX forms added in the legacy system
- FishBase - solved an issue where a supervisor couldn't be added to a review period if their account hasn't been yet activated
If you have any suggestions for improving the portfolio, please fill out this form.