We ensure you're fully supported and protected, providing a safe space to practise.
At the RCGP we support each other so we can all achieve and maintain the highest standards in patient care, sharing knowledge and experience every step of the way, throughout your clinical career and beyond.
We come together as a professional family, listening to each other, sharing a diverse wealth of knowledge, and speaking as one powerful voice for general practice.
Join our diverse community of over 54,000 GPs
Renew your membership online by logging into your MyRCGP account. From here, you can also manage your payment plan to spread the cost of your membership fee.
We've put together a guide which makes it easier to understand which GP organisation does what.
Find out more with our FAQs or call our friendly Member Services team on 020 3188 7766.
- Develop your career, skills, and confidence, with access to the resources and people that help you continue to grow, personally and professionally.
- Connect you with professional companions, role models and mentors, locally and globally. We’ll help you establish a network of support, share knowledge, and socialise with peers.
- Represent what matters most to you and the future of our profession. As a member you belong to something bigger – a professional family who understand you and always have your back.
- Celebrate excellence and the valued contribution of every member. At every stage of your career you’ll benefit from the diversity of opinions, learning and experience of fellow members, and have opportunity to share your knowledge and views.
- Support GPs from day one through to retirement and beyond. That means you’ll learn from those ahead of you in their careers, and can pass on your knowledge to the next generation.
What are the key benefits I'll receive?
- Access to a range of high-quality educational resources, developed by GPs, for GPs.
- Free and discounted member events and courses including our award-winning annual conference.
- All new members are eligible to attend a member ceremony event to celebrate attainment of FRCGP or Membership of the College by completing the MRCGP, MRCGP[INT] or MAP.
- Free access to publications - BJGP, InnovAiT and GP Frontline.
- Get involved with influencing, shaping and leading the future of general practice through College committees, councils and working groups - both nationally and locally.
- Be part of our strong collective voice of over 54,000 GPs to help us lobby governments, influence change and find solutions to challenges and opportunities you face in general practice.
- Join local and international communities, including the RCGP members' forum.
- Take advantage of exclusive offers from leading brands and retailers that are only available to RCGP members through RCGP Plus.
- Get exclusive member rates on bedroom accommodation and other venue facilities at our London headquarters, 30 Euston Square.
How will membership make a difference to me right now?
We’re always here to support you as you progress through your GP training journey.
We’ll help build your confidence as you transition into your first five years of independent practice.
We’ll support your ongoing professional development, opening up new opportunities and experiences beyond your first five years of independent practice.
We’ll provide ways to share your knowledge and experience to support the next generation.
We’ll provide ways to demonstrate your commitment to achieving the highest standards in primary care.