Vale of Trent Faculty
Welcome from the Vale of Trent Faculty, a group of volunteers including RCGP members, lay member, foundation doctors and medical students. Our geographical area stretches from Ashbourne to Skegness and includes Boston, Derby, Lincoln, Mansfield and Nottingham. The board aims to support our members’ professional development by arranging educational, networking and special events for GPs and GP registrars and also careers events for medical students and foundation doctors. We are proud to work with the local General Practice Society to help medical students discover more about one of the broadest and most rewarding specialties in medicine.
We run many educational courses and networking events throughout the year. Many of these contribute to CPD and professional development. Ideas for future 'College Close By' events are very welcome, please email the Faculty office with your suggestions.
Annual General Meeting
Further details to follow on the Vale of Trent Annual General Meeting.
All RCGP Vale of Trent Faculty Members are invited to attend board meetings. The next Faculty Board Meeting for Members will take place on Wednesday 15 February 2023. If you want to discuss any item covered or would like an item to be considered at a future meeting, please contact us for further information.
- Wednesday 21 June 2023
- Wednesday 13 September 2023
- Wednesday 8 November 2023
Local training and development
The Faculty has over 100 Fellows and is keen to award more fellowships to recognise the efforts of our members. We want fellowship to reward both ‘grassroots’ members who concentrate on providing excellent patient care in their practices, and members who have made significant contributions in other areas for example, in education, service development and research. Fellowship nominations for consideration by the Faculty Fellowship Committee are welcome. For further information, please email contact us. For more information see the RCGP Fellowship page.
We attend Careers Events for local Medical Students at the Nottingham University Medical School. Please contact us for further information.
Meet your faculty
- Dr Gopi Singaravel - Chair
- Dr Marcus Wilkinsin - Vice Chair
- Margaret Jones - Provost
- Dr Marcus Bicknell - Honorary Treasurer
- Dr Bakula Patel - Honorary Secretary
- Dr Anjla Sharman - Council representative on Council
Faculty Board Members
- Dr Jane Selwyn - Faculty Deputy Rep on Council and LCaRM Joint Lead
- Dr Marilyn Horner - Joint LCaRM Lead
- Dr Rebecca Clegg - AiT Lead
- Dr David Poll - Ex-Officio Past Faculty Chair
- Dr Mufaza Rashid - EDI Lead
- Dr Zarina Beg - Education Lead
- Dr Marilyn Horner
- Dr Jenny Moss Langfield
- Dr Anjla Sharman
- Dr Gopi Singaravel - Faculty International Lead
- Dr Kalindi Tumurugoti
- Dr James Waldron - First5 Co-Lead
- Dr Marcus Wilkinson
- Dr Jessica Hall - Sustainability & Climate Change Lead
- Mr Jack Newby, Co-opted as Student - GP Society President