Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Faculty
The Faculty supports over 1100 Members, Fellows, Associates and Associates in Training across Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. Every year we offer our members a full and varied wellbeing and CPD offer. The Faculty supports members by offering bursaries for WONCA and RCGP’s Annual conference.
We rely on our members to play an active role in their local communities to help promote the College's aims and objectives. We are passionate about providing a high-quality service that support GPs to deliver the best possible care to their patients. Members of the Faculty contribute to shaping the future of general practice by having a say in issues pertinent to GPs which is then fed back to College Council.
Over the last few years, we have been striving to increase the number, diversity and the quality of the events we are running.
We meet four times per year in February, June, September and November to progress our local engagement activities and discuss issues pertinent to our members, which are then fed back to the College Council. All members are invited to attend board meetings. If you would like to discuss any item covered, or would like an item to be considered at a future meeting, please contact us.
The board meetings for 2023 will take place on:
- Wednesday 15 February 2023
- Thursday 22 June 2023
- Wednesday 20 September 2023
- Thursday 16 November 2023
We are currently seeking two members for the Beds and Herts Faculty Board: Vice-Chair and Practice Manager Representative. Please get in touch if you know of a suitable candidate for any of these roles.
Local training and development
The Faculty has appointed a new First5 Lead Dr Joana Santos who oversees specific activity for this group in the area. We are also keen to have more First5s engaging with the Faculty, therefore, we are looking to set up a network of several small First5 groups that will meet up regularly in different localities within the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire area. We currently have a First5 group that regularly meets around Luton and Hitchin area, and we are trying to establish another one around Watford - Hemel Hemstead area. If you are already part of a group and would like it to appear on this website or are keen to promote First5 membership and activity in your local area please contact the Faculty office. For more information view the First5 page.
Fellowship of the Royal College is a great honour and a firm mark of achievement, and the Faculty actively encourages all eligible members to apply. Fellowships can be awarded to members of five years' standing, and confer a recognition of an individual's significant contribution to:
- The health and welfare of the community.
- The science or practice of medicine.
- The aims of the RCGP, or any organisation which benefits general practice.
Within the Beds and Herts Faculty, we have a dedicated Fellowship Committee (led by our Provost Dr Richard Ough), which can offer advice and support to applicants. Get in touch with the Beds and Herts Faculty or view the Fellowship page for more information.
The Faculty organises an extensive educational and engagement programme for our members. If you have an idea for any activity you'd like to see in your locality please get in touch. Details of forthcoming Beds & Herts Faculty meetings, social events and educational courses can be accessed via the Upcoming Events box on the right or view the courses and events page.
Meet your faculty
Dr Frank Raymond. Chair
Dr Peter Graves. Provost
- Talib Abubacker - Honorary Secretary
- Sandip Pramanik - Honorary Treasurer
Faculty Board Members
- Dr Frances Cranfield - Council Representative
- Dr Julian Marsden - Later Career and Retired Members Lead
- Dr Emma Salik - Education Lead
- Dr Miles Oo - First5 Lead
- Dr Aksa Ahmed - AiT Representative, Luton
- Dr Raees Lunat - AIT Representative, West Hertfordshire
- Dr Peter Gough - International Representative
- Dr Vijay Nayar - Member
- Dr Sahadev Swain - Member
- Dr Joana Santos - Member
- Mrs Andrea Assan - Lay Representative
- Ms Elizabeth Cross - Practice Nurse Representative
- Vice Chair
- Deputy Council Representative
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead
- Climate Change and Sustainability Lead
- Practice Manager
- Faculty Fellowship Committee member