30 Euston Square
Crucial to the future development of the College, our new headquarters provide a focal point for general practice and our work to promote and deliver the highest standards in GP education, training, research and clinical standards throughout the UK and internationally.
Support the development of 30 Euston Square
Making the move
The search for a new home began in 2005, as it became clear that the RCGP’s membership and staff were outgrowing our former home in Princes Gate. Princes Gate was also no longer fit for purpose, especially for staff based there and members staying in the study bedrooms.
Locations outside London were considered, in particular Birmingham. We decided to remain in London for several reasons:
- has the best transport links for members travel from all parts of the UK and internationally
- majority of College staff are based in or near London
- we wanted to keep a headquarters presence in the capital, near the other medical Royal Colleges
- offers the best opportunity for income generation
After five years of searching, we found 30 Euston Square. In two short years, extensive renovations have transformed this magnificent building to become a new, modern headquarters to take RCGP through the twenty-first century.
Located in a busy and vibrant part of central London, 30 Euston Square is just 150 metres from Euston mainline and underground stations and within walking distance of King’s Cross St Pancras.
The surrounding area includes the Wellcome Trust, University College Hospital, the BMA and several other Royal Medical Colleges.
Find out more about 30 Euston Square, and the facilities on offer.
- We were delighted to learn in spring 2013 that the proposed High Speed 2 rail project will have no adverse impact on 30 Euston Square.