Leadership Programme 2014: ‘Leaders for the Future’
Following the success of its first two programme cohorts, RCGP Wales are delighted to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 Leadership Programme.
The Return to Work Interview
Making it easier for the GP and the patient.
Do you sometimes find the return to work consultation challenging? Then come along to this practical, case study based CPD event. For more details please see the flyer for the event.
RCGP Wales facilitates the provision of high quality medical care in Wales by promoting and supporting general practice and general practitioners.
What we do
Working with Welsh Assembly Members, Local Health Boards and the Welsh Government, our activities include:
- Delivering training courses and other educational activities
- Raising the quality of patient care through quality initiatives and training.
- Responding to government consultations and representing GPs and our members in particular, on Welsh Government working groups, including the GP National Specialist Advisory Group (NSAG)
- Encouraging research in general practice to improve the evidence base for standards and guidance on best practice
- Supporting the setting of standards and clinical guidelines for clinical care
Supporting members by providing opportunities for doctors to network and share ideas, including the RCGP Wales Annual Conference and with the Wales Mental Health in Primary Care Network (WaMH in PC) which is currently supporting Welsh Government with the implementation of the Mental Health (Wales) Measure
Keep up to date with what we’re doing
How we work
We’re governed by the RCGP Welsh Council, which meets quarterly. Our Chair represents the views of RCGP Wales and its members on the RCGP UK Council.
RCGP Welsh Council meeting dates for 2014 are:
- Thursday 15 May, 10:30, Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff
- Thursday 2 September, 10:30, Wrexham Medical Institute, Wrexham
- Thursday 6 November (includes AGM), 10:30, The Grape and Olive, Swansea
We also have close working relationships with Cardiff University's School of Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education and School of Medicine as well as working alongside Swansea University's School of Medicine.
RCGP Wales operational plan
RCGP Wales key groups
Twitter : www.twitter.com/RCGPWales
Tel: 020 3188 7755
Fax: 020 3188 7756
The office is open from 08:30 to 17:00.
In addition to a base in Cardiff, the College in Wales is represented through three regional faculty offices in South West Wales, South East Wales and North Wales.
Contact your local Faculty Administrator:
Tel: 01492 877854
Tel: 020 3188 7764
Tel: 020 3188 7765
Wales Coastal Path Sponsored Walk
As part of the RCGP 60th Anniversary, RCGP Wales has launched the All Wales Coastal Path sponsored walk.
We are asking RCGP Welsh members to support the celebrations and help us to walk the whole of the All Wales Coast Walk this year.
If you are interested in completing a segment of the walk, please contact your local Faculty Administrator, who will make a note of which segment you are completing. You are, of course, welcome to register for a segment that is not in your local area if you are traveling around during the year on holiday. This table details which segments have been or are due to be completed.