International Travel Scholarship
Call For Applications!
The RCGP International Travel Scholarship is now open for applications. Awarded twice a year, the autumn round of scholarships is now accepting applications from UK and International GPs who are both members and non-members of the College.
The Scholarships have been created to:
- Further Primary Care and family medicine through international exchange or study
- Assist doctors from overseas who want to visit the UK to study an aspect of primary care relevant to their own country's family medicine needs
- Enable GPs and family doctors from the UK to travel overseas to study aspects of health care relevant to General Practice in the UK
- Enable GPs and family doctors from the UK to travel overseas to help other countries develop their own primary care health systems
Value of the Awards
Grants are usually in the range of £200-£2000 in value. Most recipients have to find additional support or sponsorship, and the College can help by providing information about other potential funding sources.
- Any practicing GP within the UK and Internationally may apply for the scholarship
- Both College members and non members may apply
- There is no age limit of career-stage criteria, in the past both newly qualified GPs and GPs nearing retirement have been granted the scholarship
- Medical students and trainees and award recipients within the last five years are not eligible and will not be considered
- Joint or group applications are not eligible and will not be considered
- The scholarship can applied for by individuals working on a group project
- The scholarships cannot be used to study for a course overseas which could be studied in home countries.
To apply for the scholarship, download and complete the application form on this page. You should download and refer to the Guidelines and Criteria MS Word document, to ensure you fulfil the necessary criteria for application.
All applications must be received by 17:00, Friday 30 April 2014.
Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com or they can be submitted to the College, clearly marked 'International Travel Scholarship Application, International Department'.
Awards will be made by the end of November and payments made retrospectively upon receipt of satisfactory proof of costs incurred. In exceptional circumstances, part payment can be made in advance, usually when the outcomes of the scholarship forms part of an existing College programme.