Faculties are organised into administrative regions to enable the sharing of best practice and the exchange of ideas at a regional level.
Cross regional collaborations operate, either through a formal arrangement or through local networking. In London, the faculties have established a formal collaboration under the title of RCGP London.
The three faculties included in the London region are North East London, North and West London and South London. Access details of their local news and initiatives through their individual web pages.
RCGP London is the collaborative body of the three London Faculties. Established to provide a unified voice for London Faculty members. The aims are:
- Strategic and political representation of GPs across London
- Discussion of and response to developments related to general practice in London
- To provide guidance on college initiatives in London
- To provide GP representation on SHA, London-wide LMCs, GLA, Deanery and any other relevant organisations
- To improve patient care in London
- To promote public understanding of the role of GPs
- To support the continuing professional development, appraisal and revalidation of GPs in London
They have representation on the London Wide Commissioning Group and the London Senate.
The RCGP London AiT/First5 committee provides advice and support to all GP trainees and newly qualified GPs in the Pan-London area. They hold a free Education and Support Evening (EASE) on the second Thursday of the month in various locations in London.
The London Journal of Primary Care is the three London Faculties open access web based journal. Designed so that its contributors, its readers, and you, can use it for exchanging ideas on the very best practice and for ensuring that primary care in London continues to represent a beacon of modern, high-quality service delivery. London Journal of Primary Care
Details of forthcoming RCGP London meetings and educational courses can be accessed via the Upcoming Events box on the right.
Regional Faculty Office
The regional office supports the faculties, by providing input into project development, acting as a link between faculties and supporting the opportunity to deliver services to members in new ways across the region.
RCGP London Region
30 Euston Square
Regional Engagement Manager London and South England: Vacant (please contact Carolyn Coy, National Faculty Operations Manager email@example.com)