British Journal of General Practice (BJGP)
The leading Journal of family medicine in Europe.
The BJGP is an international Journal publishing articles of interest to family practitioners and primary care researchers worldwide. It is specifically focused on issues of GPs and directly applicable to the day to day needs of practising GPs. It supports and encourages the highest possible standards of general medical practice and BJGP draws upon over 60 years of publishing expertise and has established itself as one of the leading Journals of family medicine in the world.
The Journal's 2015 Impact Factor is 2.741, making it the top primary care Journal in Europe and one of the world's most highly cited journals of general practice and primary healthcare.
- Published monthly, it has a distribution of approximately 50,000 and is distributed to members, fellows, and associates of the Royal College of General Practitioners, opinion forming leaders in the UK, health organisations, and subscribers in more than 40 countries worldwide.
- It is the official means by which the College speaks to its members and is read by key decision makers and opinions leaders.
- Each month the issue (48 pages) contains a forum for letters from GPs, research summaries, reviews, debate and analysis, clinical intelligence and appointments, conference and course information.
- Our research summaries are of key, peer reviewed papers, linked to the full report which is published online on the BJGP website.
‘The BJGP combines top quality, clinically relevant research with excellent debate and analysis on what matters in general practice and primary care, and also includes an excellent section of arts and culture features, regular columnists and personal viewpoints. Read it!’
Clare Gerada MBE, FRCP, FRCGP, Former Chair of Council, RCGP
‘The new BJGP with its combination of high quality academic papers, incisive editorials and interesting reviews ensures that it has something for everyone to read; in surgery, when travelling by train or at home in the bath! A must read for all GPs.’
Professor Nigel Mathers FRCGP, Honorary Secretary, RCGP
The BJGP is the official journal of The Royal College of General of Practitioners and as such is received by all members of the College and personal subscribers.
RCGP members regularly rate the BJGP as the most valued and most accessed member benefit as it has a vital role in helping doctors keep up to date with medical developments, new drugs, treatments and medications.
GPs provide primary and continuing medical care for patients in the community. They can run specialist clinics within a practice for patients with specific conditions, and increasingly work as part of a team alongside other healthcare professionals, including community health doctors, to discuss care options for patients and their families and help patients to take responsibility for their own health. GPs who are partners in a practice are also responsible for the running of the practice, which involves a range of administrative activities, such as employing staff, managing contracts and working within strict budgets.
GPs play a key role in commissioning healthcare, organising preventive medical programmes for patients as well as promoting health education. They are also required to meet government targets, manage resources to meet those targets and keep abreast of developments in pharmaceutical products.
The BJGP also has an impressive and growing number of non RCGP members who regularly subscribe.
Every issue includes the following contents and features:
- Editorial and Letters, topical and issue focused editorials and reader correspondence
- Research, presented as summaries, written by the authors of the papers which are published in full on the BJGP website
- Out of Hours, a variety of material to stimulate, entertain and inform
- Debate and Analysis, authoritative and often controversial writing on topical, clinical and policy matters
- Clinical Intelligence, a range of clinical information based on recently published guidance and reviews
- Classified jobs, courses, conferences and events
Why advertise in the BJGP?
- Offers a very targeted audience of qualified and practising GPs
- Cost effective channel for communicating with large numbers of increasingly influential GPs
- Its readership represents easily the largest membership base of practising GPs
- Consistently rated as the most valued member benefit by RCGP members
- Consistently ranked as the most accessed member benefit by RCGP members
- Offers very engaged, stable and loyal readership, meaning more attention will be paid to your advertisement
- Cost per thousand rates are amongst the best
- Advertising to editorial ratio significantly improves readership of your advert
- BJGP is recognised as a valuable and trusted source of important information by its readership
- BJGP has a reputation for delivering the high quality information and research which influences clinical practice
- Advertisements have a shelf life, long beyond the current issue
The Journal offers display and classified advertising, carrier sheet advertising, as well as inserts which can be targeted to any regions you may want to reach, nationally or internationally. To get the best deal, spread your advertising campaign over a number of issues to get significant volume discounts.
Provide an excellent cost effective means of putting a short message across to a wide audience of practising GPs.
Are a key part in informing and educating your target market, as well developing brand image and encouraging brand loyalty. It can also help your organisation convey the positioning of the brand and influence buying decisions.
Placing display advertisements within the BJGP
- Will help your organisation develop and then maintain brand awareness amongst your target audience of practising GPs
- Offers you an unrivalled opportunity to increase the awareness of your product or service amongst GPs. Doctors will not buy a company's products or services if they do not know it exists or are made aware of how the product or service can benefit them or their patients.
- have advantage because they can be shared around a medical practice due to their removable nature
- have greater impact factor than advertisements that they are immediately seen on opening wrapper
- can be targeted by Region if content is only relevant to one or more geographical location, offering cost effective targeting
- can be booked at much shorter notice and can be of any design or format
- can be combined with an advertisement (print version of the Journal advertisement) at an agreed discount.
Achieve maximum impact by advertising on the carrier sheet. Your advertisement will be the first thing readers will see when receiving the Journal.
Contact us for information on rates and discounts
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 0161 872 6667
We offer a 10% discount to registered charities, agencies, fellows, members and associates of the RCGP. All prices are subject to VAT.