International general practice
We have been active internationally for almost 60 years, helping to put general practice and family medicine at the heart of healthcare worldwide.
RCGP international strategic priorities
This paper sets out priorities for our international work. They include:
- moving global primary care policy higher up the RCGP’s agenda
- increasing the quality of education and delivery of family medicine
- influencing EU legislation and policy on primary care
- improving the governance and co-ordination of RCGP led international activities
- strengthening support for international members
- increasing RCGP capacity and capability to deliver on these priorities
- Transforming our approach to international affairs a 10 year strategy [PDF]
Development of RCGP international policy
Our policy development is informed by our work with international bodies.
We’re active members of the World Organisation of Family Doctors (Wonca), which aims to improve quality of life by fostering high standards in general practice. We have representatives on most Wonca Europe networks.
- RCGP international services and membership