Inquiry into Patient Centred Care in the 21st Century
Read about the Inquiry into Patient-centred Care in the 21st Century, established by the College and chaired by Mike Farrar.
About the Inquiry
The Inquiry into Patient-centred Care in the 21st Century has been established by the RCGP with the objective of delivering original, cost effective solutions to the medical, social and financial challenges posed by rising levels of multi-morbidity within society.
The Inquiry is being undertaken by a panel of experts drawn from a range different perspectives within the healthcare system, including both patients and professionals. It will look at the role of general practice within the context of primary, community and social care services, identifying answers to the following questions:
How do models of NHS care need to change to deliver better patient outcomes, as cost effectively as possible, for the growing number of people living with multiple long-term conditions?
What does this mean for the way in which NHS resources are deployed across health economies in a financially constrained environment?
How can the role of general practice best be developed to support the new models of care required and what policy levers and financial mechanisms should be put in place to deliver these at the scale and pace needed?
Call for evidence
The Inquiry is currently inviting evidence submissions from all who have a stake in this issue – including patients, health professionals, managers and decision-makers – to help inform its work.
Download the Call for evidence [Word]
The deadline for submissions is 16 July 2014.
Questions regarding the Inquiry can be addressed to Trinley Walker, Policy and Research Officer at RCGP, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0203 188 7571.
The Inquiry Panel
- Mike Farrar, Inquiry Chair
- Dr Patricia Wilkie, Honorary President and Chairman, National Association for Patient Participation
- Dr Rachel Carrell, Chief Executive of Dr. Thom at Lloydspharmacy
- Dr Anita Donley, Clinical Vice President, RCP
- Hilary Garratt, Director of Nursing at NHS England, Nurse Commissioning and Health Improvement
- Professor Chris Salisbury, Professor of Primary Care, University of Bristol
- Robert Webster, Chief Executive, NHS Confederation
- Dr Tim Wilson, Partner, Health Industries, Price Waterhouse Cooper (PwC)
- Professor Mayur Lakhani, RCGP Council member, and Chair of West Leicestershire CCG
- Dr Andy Spooner, RCGP Council Member and Executive GP on South Cheshire CCG's governing body
- Dr Helen Stokes-Lampard, Honorary Treasurer, RCGP