- Twenty five thousand GPs already using RCGP revalidation tool
Twenty five thousand GPs already using RCGP revalidation tool
Publication date: 04 December 2012
25,000 GPs already using RCGP revalidation tool RCGP Revalidation ePortfolio
25,000 GPs already using RCGP revalidation tool
Almost 25,000 users have already registered for the RCGP Revalidation ePortfolio (ReP), the RCGP has announced on the official start date of Revalidation.
The ReP has been designed by GPs for GPs. It is a secure, reliable and lifelong learning tool that enables GPs to record their Continuing Professional Development and integrates this with Personal Development Plan objectives.
It is the only tool of its kind with fully integrated GMC patient and colleague questionnaires, with self-assessment and benchmarking facilities, all free of charge to RCGP members and primary care organisations.
It is also fully interoperable with other RCGP systems including the Online Learning Environment (OLE), with users able to update their Learning Log at the touch of a button after completing an OLE module.
The ReP has numerous benefits for doctors, appraisers and organisations, it provides:
- Nationally compliant pre and post appraisal documentation and declarations
- A prominent traffic light Dashboard to show progress towards both appraisal and revalidation
- A fully integrated Appraiser portfolio to record activities relating specifically to the appraiser role
- Automatic transfer of data from the RCGP Trainee ePortfolio, used by all Associates in Training, providing a seamless transition from training to revalidation
- Lead Appraiser functionality to help Primary Care Organisations quality assure the appraisal process
- Responsible Officer functionality to make recommendations and drill down into supporting information where required
The Revalidation ePortfolio is supported by a dedicated College service desk to deliver tailored customer care to GPs.
Professor Nigel Sparrow, RCGP Lead for Revalidation, said: “We are really pleased with the take-up of the RCGP Revalidation ePortfolio, and the positive feedback we have received form GPs already using it.
“The College is confident that this tool, designed for GPs by GPs, is the appraisal and revalidation tool of choice for individuals and primary care organisations.
“On the day that Revalidation is officially introduced, it demonstrates how individual GPs are approaching the process positively as a way of continuously developing their own knowledge and skills to benefit patient care.”
RCGP Press office - 020 3188 7574/7575/7576
Out of hours: 0203 188 7659
Notes to editor
The Royal College of General Practitioners is a network of more than 46,000 family doctors working to improve care for patients. We work to encourage and maintain the highest standards of general medical practice and act as the voice of GPs on education, training, research and clinical standards.