If you’re a practice manager, nurse or physician assistant, you can join RCGP through our General Practice Foundation (GPF).
The GPF aims to support the entire practice team in their CPD, thereby raising the standards of care given to patients. This is done by giving members access to our range of learning and development resources. Membership allows all team members to get involved in shaping the future of general practice.
GPF Nurse Competencies created by the General Practice Foundation Nursing Subgroup
Nursing Standards created by the General Practice Foundation Nursing Subgroup
Practice team members: reasons to join
Through the General Practice Foundation (GPF), we’re ensuring that practice managers, nurses and physician assistants have a voice in the development of general practice.
The GPF works tirelessly to improve the standards of General Practice Nursing and Management in the UK by taking an active role in government initiatives such as the Lord Willis Commission, pushes for improvement in Practice Nursing education, vocational training for Practice Managers and Practice Management Accreditation. Members are kept up to date with the goings on of the GPF and will have a chance to contribute and share their ideas.
Members will also benefit by having free access to our range of CPD tools such as the Online Learning Environment (OLE). These include:
- A new Cervical Screening module, specifically designed for Practice Nurses
- Many other modules such as Respiratory Tract Infections, Health for Health Professionals, Substance Misuse and much more
- A ‘Record Keeping: Data Quality, Protection and Patient Access’ module for Practice Managers
- Access to our ePortfolio, which conveniently records modules completed for your appraisal
- Events aimed at practice team members for example Making Sense of Commissioning Conference
- 10 per cent discount on books
- Access to BJGP online
- Library services
- Regular, profession specific email newsletters
- Regular news alerts, including travel health updates
- ‘Help me to’ guidance documents and resources
How to apply for General Practice Foundation membership
To join the General Practice Foundation, you can either register online or download the form below:
General Practice Foundation fees for 2014-2015:
Team Membership (if there is an RCGP member in the practice) allows you up to 10 members per site
|Team Membership (for all other practices)
Multiple sites? The team fee will apply per site. Discounts available for large structures
Joining as a team saves you money and provides you with even more support from the GPF Membership requirements. GPF membership is open to nurses, managers and physician assistants working in UK general practice. By applying to become a member, you agree to abide by the requirements set out in RCGP’s constitutional documents.