International Affiliate membership is a new membership category created by the Royal College of General Practitioners to provide comprehensive support and resources to medical students, GP trainees and family doctors based outside of the United Kingdom.
The RCGP encourages medical students, GP trainees and family doctors beginning their career in family medicine to join as an International Affiliate member.
Why become an International Affiliate member?
By joining our network of international doctors, you gain access to our benefits which include:
How to become an International Affiliate member
To become a member simply follow the six below steps:
- Step 1 - Register to become an RCGP affiliate member here.
- Step 2 - Fill out your details on the fields provided.
- Step 3 - Select International Affiliate under the 'Choose your membership option' section (you will know this has been selected when a green tick appears to the right) and press continue.
Step 4 - Confirm your date of birth, institution/university and country of work in the fields provided and then press continue to payment.
Step 5 - Enter your payment details and then click proceed.
- Step 6 - Congratulations you are now an International Affiliate member of the RCGP. You will receive an authorization email to confirm your membership.
International Affiliate member joining fees 2016-2017
International Affiliate membership fees are based on the World Bank income country categorisation, dividing countries into four economic bands. Each band offers a substantial discount from the full UK rate, making RCGP resources accessible to affiliate members worldwide. Please note that the RCGP does not accept payment by American Express.
The four fee bands are as follows:
- Band A - £127 - Higher Economies e.g. Malta, USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland, Russia
- Band B - £63 - Upper Middle Economies e.g. China, Brazil, Mexico
- Band C - £25 - Lower Middle Economies e.g. India, Vietnam, Mongolia
- Band D - £13 - Lower Economies e.g. Afghanistan, Cambodia, Mali, Myanmar
Click here for a full list of the World Bank income country categorisation [XLS]