The Quality Mark for GPs and education providers
The RCGP accredits a wide variety of educational activities that are identifiable to health professionals as high quality, and associated with the high professional standards the RCGP embodies.
RCGP Accreditation provides a much needed Quality Mark that benefits both GPs and educational providers, by helping to raise overall standards.
The RCGP Accreditation Quality Mark is an identifiable symbol of quality assurance that associates educational activities with the professionalism, expertise and commitment to the highest possible standards of general practice.
By recognising our Quality Mark, GPs can be confident the education they select has been independently assessed to ensure a consistent and high quality resource, reducing their risk, as well as saving time and cost.
Why do so many providers get their activities accredited by the RCGP?
- Get ahead of competitors and gain market share by using our accreditation process to benchmark themselves and their activities against best practice, and to improve their client proposition.
- Build their reputation and be known as a premier provider by using the RCGP Quality Mark and being listed on the RCGP Accredited activities web page
- Become a member of a network of successful education providers committed to being the best in their field
- Draw on our CPD and educational expertise and receive free advice on CPD and industry requirements
- Extend their customer base by being promoted to our community of over 49,000 established and trainee GP professionals
- Accreditation provides market differentiation and objective proof they comply with best practice, and, are able to demonstrate expert knowledge and expertise
Find out if your activities are eligible for Accreditation and apply today.
Accredited Education Provider Network
All education providers whose CPD activities have been accredited, will become a member of the RCGP’s Education Provider Network and therefore benefit from concerted promotion of your events and activities to our membership and help you achieve full market recognition for your accredited status.
As a member your organisation can benefit from the following opportunities:
- Full listing on our Accredited providers web page, with full contact details, activities, information and organisation logo (enhanced by advertising if required)
- Regular promotion in the RCGP's monthly events bulletin to our 49,000 membership, including a regular feature and profile on each new provider
- We offer purchasing feature and profile advertising
- Discounted rates on advertising opportunities in email bulletins and banner advertisements
The full Accredited Education Provider Network benefits can be found in our Education Provider brochure [TBC]
Applying for Accreditation
RCGP Educational Accreditation is committed to working with CPD and educational organisations to provide flexible, high quality learning solutions, and will strive to keep the process as straightforward and as efficient as possible.
Our criteria are deliberately demanding because we accredit only educational activities. However, we do not operate on a 'pass or fail' basis. Rather, we work with you to help you meet the criteria. Our team of experts are available to provide advice and support.
RCGP Educational Accreditation has continually developed and adapted its accreditation processes with three clear objectives:
- To ensure our members and other health professionals have absolute confidence in the services provided by organisations whose educational activities have been accredited
- To help educational providers develop and extend the market for their services through the RCGP Accreditation scheme
- To ensure that, while our accreditation processes remain rigorous and demand a high standard, we do not place unnecessary burdens on those we accredit.
- Find out if your activities are eligible for Accreditation and apply today.
For any questions about RCGP Educational Accreditation please see our Frequently Asked Questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 020 3188 7748 or 020 3188 7400.