Resources for Clinicians
Antibiotic Information Leaflet
This leaflet is a useful tool to use within your consultations. Its use has been approved by PHE, RCGP, BSAC, NHS Scotland, RCN, IPS and BIA.
The leaflet explains to your patient
- Your diagnosis for example sinusitis, bronchitis, cold
- Your decision about antibiotics
- The natural timeframe for their illness
- Self help management
- When to seek help
- The need for safe antibiotic prescribing
DH European Antibiotic Awareness Day Information - annually on 18 November
A number of posters have been produced to display in healthcare settings to promote the appropriate use of antibiotics for patients presenting with a cold.
Download the three poster set
The Self Care Forum
The Self Care Forum is dedicated to helping people take care of themselves. To this end they have created a series of self-care fact sheets for common ailments which aim to help clinicians and patients discuss issues around self-care during consultation and especially how to handle the symptoms in the future. The fact sheets provide patients with information around:
- Useful facts
- What patients can expect to happen (the natural history)
- What people can do to help themselves, now and in the future
- When to seek medical help (the 'red flags')
- Where to find out more
A number of initiatives are taking place across Europe to spread the messages on the risks associated with inappropriate use of antibiotics and how to take antibiotics responsibly.
Read more on the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) website.
Videos for Patient Waiting Areas