Primary care federations toolkit
What the federations toolkit covers
Drawing on the experience of existing federations and other primary care organisations, the toolkit brings together practical advice, research evidence, case studies and other resources.
- key building blocks in developing a federation
- deciding on a federation’s legal structure
- federation governance
- involving patients and the public
- engaging the wider primary care workforce
- improving quality and safety
- education and training
- developing and redesigning services
- tackling public health issues
- sharing back office functions
- working with an external partner
Download the federations toolkit
Federations toolkit [PDF]
Nothing in the toolkit constitutes legal or other professional advice. It is made available on the basis that RCGP, the authors of the toolkit and their respective organisations do not accept any liability for any fact, error or opinion that it may contain. You should always obtain suitable legal or other professional advice before applying information in this toolkit to particular circumstances.
The toolkit contains links to websites and to material contained in other resources and websites. RCGP, the authors of this toolkit and their respective organisations are not responsible for the content of the resources and websites which you may be able to access from this toolkit.
The federations toolkit was developed with The King’s Fund, The Nuffield Trust and Hempsons solicitors.