Below is a range of eating disorder resources.
Academy for Eating Disorders
The Academy for Eating Disorders website includes a comprehensive summary of essential assessment, treatment goals and intervention options, which is suitable for primary care clinicians.
MARSIPAN Management of Really Sick Patients with Anorexia Nervosa
This publication from the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) covers:
- advice on physical assessment
- when to admit
- medical, nutritional and psychiatric management of anorexia nervosa, including mental health legislation
- commissioning guidance
This publication from the RCP is for patients under the age of 18 and covers:
- risk assessment, phyical examination
- compulsory treatment, paediatric admission and local protocols
- management of compensatory behaviours associated with an eating disorder
- management in primary care and paediatric out-patient settings
Youth Health Talk
Youth Health Talk provides information, views and video clips of young people who have been affected by weight issues.
Patient support group
Beat provides helplines, online support and a network of UK wide self-help groups to help adults and young people in the UK beat their eating disorders.
- Beat Beating eating disorders