NI launches manifesto for Assembly election
06 February 2017
RCGPNI has launched its manifesto ahead of the Assembly election on 2 March.
In Northern Ireland, general practice is in crisis. It is vital that the political parties use this election as an opportunity to stand up for the most vulnerable in our society and put patients first.
We have shared our manifesto with the main political parties and call on them to work with us to deliver a service that provides the quality of care that patients deserve.
We urge our politicians to:
• Commit 11% of the total health budget to general practice
• Fully implement the recommendations from the GP-led Working Group Report
• Convene an emergency summit with key stakeholders to address the immediate challenges facing general practice
• Address the shortfall in the GP workforce
• Give GPs the time they need to focus on patient care
• Support GPs to manage their own health and wellbeing
• Improve general practice premises
• Enhance patient involvement in health and social care
You can download the manifesto here.
Please help us show how important general practice is by taking action to promote our manifesto to election candidates. Click here to send a pre-written tweet to political parties.