CSA Cases Workbook for the MRCGP 2nd Edition
Author: Ellen Welch, Irina Zacharcenkova and Jennifer Lyall
Winner of the BMA Young Authors Award
CSA Cases Workbook 2e is a unique workbook designed to be used by GP revision groups practising for the CSA examination – it is written by three GPs who recently passed the CSA.
Building on the success of the first edition, this new edition includes over 20 new cases aligned to the RCGP curriculum areas and latest guidelines. The ringbound design makes the practice consultations as exam-like as possible – allowing each member of the revision group to act as ‘doctor’, ‘patient’ or ‘observer’ and to take out just the pages they need ahead of the next revision session.
Along with easy to use marking schemes for every case, the cases also now include smartphone links to guide readers to useful resources.
Furthermore, the authors suggest a combination of 13 cases which could be used to run your own mock exam in preparation for the real thing.
Your revision group needs just a single copy of CSA Cases Workbook rather than multiple copies of any other book, and no photocopying needed either!
ISBN Number: 9781911510017
Number of pages: Ringbound - 618
Published: Late January 2017 - available to preorder
Edition: 2nd Edition
View table of contents
Preface to the second edition
Preface to the first edition
PART I: THE CSA
An introduction to the MRCGP; A revision plan
PART II: CASE SCENARIOS
Healthy people: promoting health and preventing disease; Genetics in primary care; Care of acutely ill people; Care of children and young people; Care of older adults; Women’s health; Men’s health; Sexual health; End of life care; Care of people with mental health problems and intellectual disability; Cardiovascular health; Digestive health; Care of people who misuse drugs and alcohol; Care of people with ENT, oral and facial problems; Care of people with eye problems; Care of people with metabolic problems; Care of people with neurological problems; Respiratory health; Care of people with musculoskeletal problems; Care of people with skin problems; Special cases
ST2's and ST3's undertaking the CSA element of the MRCGP Examination
To help further with revision, each curriculum area is split up into:
• possible cases – lists the cases most likely to come up in the CSA (including emergency and ‘special’ cases)
• revision notes – fully updated to provide the latest NICE and SIGN guidelines, along with other helpful references and websites, to help direct your revision
• material for the patient – a list of resources that you could usefully guide the patient towards in the consultation (including after you have passed the CSA!)
• practice explanations – topics, tests and procedures that you should be able to describe to the patient in a couple of minutes
• practice examinations – procedures you should be able to undertake confidently
Write a review for this item
Customers who purchased this item also bought