RCGP Wales awards
Quality patient care is a priority for RCGP Wales and it is important to recognise general practice at its best. The Annual RCGP Wales General Practice Awards create an opportunity for patients and practice teams to recognise the dedication of those who play an important role in ensuring the quality of care for their patients.
This years awards were held at the Hilton Hotel in Cardiff on Friday the 28 March 2014.
At the event Dr Paul Myres, Chair of RCGP Wales, presented the awards for RCGP Wales patient-nominated GP of the year 2013, and Practice Team of the Year 2013.
The shortlisted nominees for RCGP Wales GP of the Year were:
- Dr Stuart Thomas, Wellspring Medical Centre, Risca
- Dr Julie Scholey, Brynderwen Surgery, St Mellons
- Dr Gail Davies, Ynysangharad Surgery, Pontypridd
- Dr Vijaka Kumar, Leeswood Surgery, Leeswood
- Dr Rebecca Walberg, Station Rd Surgery, Penarth
- Dr Geoffrey Hoggins, Bradley’s Practice, Buckley
- Dr David Cocks, Cloughmore Surgery, Splott
- Dr Carwyn Jones, Furnace House Surgery, Carmarthen
- Dr John Roberts, Roseneath Medical Practice, Buckley
- Dr Joseph Pearson, Clifton Surgery, Roath
- Dr Anthony Davies, Meddygfa Tywi, Nantgaredig
Shortlisted from over 172 GP nominations across Wales, their patients described the consistently high levels of care that they provide.
The Award was won by Dr Stuart Thomas, while Dr Anthony Davies and Dr John Roberts were awarded joint runners-up.
The shortlisted nominees for RCGP Wales Practice Team of the Year were:
- Meddygfa Betws y Coed, Conwy
- Meddygfa Pen-y-Bont, St Asaph
- Kings Surgery, Port Talbot
- Nantgarw Road Medical Centre, Caerphilly
These practices have been commended by their patients for the level of service and care that they provide.
Meddydfa Betws y Coed and Kings Surgery were declared joint winners of the award.
RCGP Wales congratulates the winners and nominees for both awards